List:       ubuntu-users
Subject:    Re: WiFi problem, loss of DHCP/DNS when changing from one SSID to another but OK from turn on
From:       Ralf Mardorf <silver.bullet () zoho ! com>
Date:       2018-02-10 20:11:15

On Sat, 10 Feb 2018 19:51:00 +0000, Chris Green wrote:
>Does anyone have any suggestions as to what might be wrong?

While nowadays networkmanager is held in high esteem, I anyway prefer
scripts for networking over any tool. I'm not using WiFi for a Linux
device, but I did use ADSL and I'm using DHCP connections by scripts
only. Apart from this, there were and probaply still are tools
available, that in my experiences worked and perhaps still work more
reliable, than at least oldish networkmanager releases. IOW if
something should go wrong when using networkmanager, my favorite
suspect still would be networkmanager.