List:       ubuntu-users
Subject:    Re: Add user to sudoers again
From:       "Bob" <ubuntu-qygzanxc () listemail ! net>
Date:       2017-04-13 20:10:41

** Reply to message from Enrique Villalobos <villalobosmiras@gmail.com> on Thu,
13 Apr 2017 10:43:33 +0200

> Thank you all for your responses. This is how I resolved the problem
> after reading all of them:
>
> Press and hold shift button during boot to get into grub menu.
>
> Boot in recovery mode.
>
> This loads a menu. Select root terminal.
>
> Remount root filesystem with read-write permissions: mount -o rw,remount /
>
> Set root password: passwd
>
> Add myuser to sudoers: usermod -a -G sudo myuser
>
> Reboot.
>
> Again, thank you very much.
>
> Regards.

I have not read this list for a few days so I am a little late for the party.

When I first started using Ubuntu I made the same error because the Ubuntu book
I bought had a typo and they left out the -a parameter in their sample command.
I found the easiest way to recover was to copy the backup file over the
original file.

--
Robert Blair

Democracy must be something more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have \
for dinner.  -- James Bovard, Civil Libertarian (1994)