List:       ubuntu-users
Subject:    AbiWord autostarting in 16.04
From:       Liam Proven <lproven () gmail ! com>
Date:       2016-05-24 20:18:58

Since my 15.10 machine upgraded smoothly to 16.04 some weeks ago
(apart from some easily-fixed glitches due to using Nemo to handle my
Unity desktop), I took the plunge and updated my 14.04 machine as
well, using

sudo do-release-upgrade

... since it won't do it via the GUI until 16.04.1 is released.

This has gone perfectly. My Thinkpad X200's fingerprint reader even
started working again, which it's rarely done in over a year.

But now, when I log in, Abiword is started automatically. I don't know
why. It's not in the list of startup apps, including the hidden ones.

I don't actually use it much. LibreOffice is a bit slow on this 8YO
machine, so I run MS Word 97 under WINE, which is very quick indeed.

Any way to stop this short of uninstalling AbiWord? Or any clues on
how to trace it?