List:       ubuntu-users
Subject:    How can I find motherboards model number in 11.04
From:       dmcgarrett () optonline ! net (Doug)
Date:       2011-10-31 0:38:21

On 10/16/2011 10:43 PM, Abhishek Dixit wrote:
> How can  I find model number or other related things about the mother
> board on my laptop.
> I run only Ubuntu so unable to use CPU-Z which works in Windows.
> So what are my options in Natty?

sudo lshw | lpr

You want to pipe it to your printer, because you will get several pages
of information,
and you'll want to keep that someplace so you don't have to do it again.

(Older versions of Ubuntu made the installer of the system a member of
the sudoers
list.  If the latest version doesn't, you'll have to change to root.)

--doug