List:       ubuntu-users
Subject:    Want to try linux lime with Ubuntu and win xp
From:       dmcgarrett () optonline ! net (Doug)
Date:       2011-10-30 17:52:26

On 10/30/2011 12:48 PM, Jon Anderson wrote:
> It is linux mint ,I wrote down the wrong name ,I have two partitions
> now , will mint make a new partition or do I have to make it myself
> with gparted ,If I do that how do I direct the mint download to that
> new partition,. So if i make the partition myself ,should I make it a
> logical partition or what?

I don't remember if Mint asks about making partitions, but you're surely
safe if you make new  / and  home partitions with
gparted. Note the names of those partitions, e.g., sda5, and so on.
(They should be logical partitions.)  Then when you
install Mint, tell it to use those partitions. It should ask you.  (You
don't need to make a swap partition if you already have a
Linux version on the drive--it will already have made a swap partition.
However, gparted will show you that.)

Mint is a nice distro, I think you'll like it.

--doug