List:       ubuntu-users
Subject:    Nautilus
From:       gurus.knugum () gmail ! com (Johnny Rosenberg)
Date:       2009-01-01 10:19:15

2008/12/23 Ray Parrish <crp at cmc.net>

> Jeff Davis wrote:
> > On Mon, 2008-12-22 at 15:43 -0800, Ray Parrish wrote:
> >

> >> What new Tab feature? I would love to have Tabs in Nautilus. How do I
> >> activate them?
> >>

> > Open Nautilus and then CTRL-T all the tabs you want. :-)
> >
> > Jeff
> >

> Hello again,
>
> I tried that and no joy. My version is Nautilus 2.22.5.1, do I need to
> upgrade it?

Yes, you need 2.24 I think, which comes with Gnome 2.24 which comes with
Ubuntu 8.10.
You can also right click a folder (in Nautilus 2.24) and then click "Open in
new tab". You can then drag and drop files directly to the different tabs.
That tab will open and you can see the added file there. You can copy or
move files this way, and perharps also create links. Unfortunately the name
of the link will be "Link to " + the original file name (which has nothing
to do with the tabs), but there is a bug report about that already, which I
hope will lead to a fix. Meanwhile I made an alias and a simple script for
automatically removing "Link to " from all link names recursively, which I
posted as a message there, but that's another topic, sorry.
J.R.