List:       ubuntu-users
Subject:    Nautilus
From:       tony.whelan () internode ! on ! net (tonywhelan)
Date:       2008-12-30 11:08:20

Scott-251 wrote:

>      I have been trying to use and like Nautilus for the past month and
> I still find opening up two windows side by side a real pain.  Is there
> anyway I could set up a button to open up one window on the left at one
> address and open up a window on the right at another with a single click?
>
>      I'm just trying to find out a solution until split screen is added to
> Nautilus.
>
> --

I think we may die of old age waiting for split screen, but I'd like to be
wrong about that.

I the mentime try this little script. Save as a file and make executable and
put a launcher/icon for it on desktop or panel:

#!/bin/sh
# simple script to open two nautilus windows together
# adjust the numeric values to suit your display resolution
# --geometry argument is in the format WxH+HO+VO
# meaning dialog box width x height
# plus horizontal offset (start point)
# and vertical offset (start point).

# uncomment next 2 lines for one above and one below
#nautilus --geometry=1280x300+0+0
#nautilus --geometry=1280x300+0+300

# uncomment next two lines for side by side
nautilus --geometry=500x512+0+0
nautilus --geometry=500x512+500+0