List:       ubuntu-users
Subject:    Nautilus
From:       klarsen1 () gmail ! com (Karl F !  Larsen)
Date:       2008-12-22 16:18:42

darkweasel wrote:
> Scott schrieb:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>>      I have been trying to use and like Nautilus for the past month and
>> I still find opening up two windows side by side a real pain.  Is there
>> anyway I could set up a button to open up one window on the left at one
>> address and open up a window on the right at another with a single click?
>>
>>      I'm just trying to find out a solution until split screen is added
>> to Nautilus.
>>

> Personally, I use Nautilus' spatial mode, which comes at least close to
> what you imagine. See
> http://linux.about.com/library/gnome/blgnome6n2a.htm for some
> information about this.

    This is real stupid of me, but others might be as unsure of what
Nautilus is, as I was. But then I read this message and I saw it. I have
often got things from Places and slid the contents of one page to
another. So now I see the complaint is that if you open two things they
wind up right on top of each other. I just move the top one off the
other to where I can see both, then slide away. It works just fine.

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User