List:       ubuntu-users
Subject:    package ubuntu-desktop
From:       donny008 () gmail ! com (Donny George)
Date:       2008-07-31 14:11:27

On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 12:26 AM, Brian McKee <brian.mckee at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 12:37 PM, NoOp <glgxg at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> > On 07/30/2008 03:04 AM, Donny George wrote:
> >
> >> hello
> >>
> >> i also the dpkg command as was instructed in one of the ubuntu forums
> that
> >> this was the command to detect the graphics card and monitor manually.
> but
> >> other than asking for the keyboard it asked for nothing more
> >>
> >> so how cud i possibly get the resolution and proper display on my ubuntu
> >> server
>
> Just a random thought - he started by installing server so he got a
> different kernel than the ubuntu desktop installs. Will the nvidia
> modules be available for that kernel?
> Brian
>
> --

hello all

again the same thing

after all the bhead breaking session yesterday which went without success,
once i open the box today morning it seems alls working fine

i am really not sure which did the trick for me but the only thing which i
did was the dpkg command for xserver-xorg.

why doesnt ubuntu have a stable behaviour ?

don