List:       ubuntu-users
Subject:    question about Apache
From:       joseph () oxtedonline ! net (JosephK)
Date:       2008-02-29 20:02:11

On 13:39 Fri 29 Feb     , Scott Berry wrote:
> Hi Derek,
>
> Almost got it.  In this VirtualHost though I am getting asked for more info
> does this need to be an alias to moin's cgi file?  What I am trying to
> accomplish here is when you type www.blindscanner.dyndns.org you get the
> Moin Moin page.  Here is the sample of the VirtualHost it doesn't like.
>
> <VirtualHost>
> ServerName: www.blindscanner.dyndns.org
> DocumentRoot /usr/share/moin/server/moin.cgi
> </VirtualHost>

There's a few things in the above. First, lose the : after ServerName.
Also the www. before the domain

DocumentRoot should be a directory not a file

Below is a sample from one of mine (names changed to protect the
incontinent)

<VirtualHost *:80>
        ServerName myserver.me.uk
        ServerAlias www.myserver.me.uk
        DocumentRoot /var/www/server

        ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /usr/lib/cgi-bin/
        <Directory "/usr/lib/cgi-bin">
                AllowOverride None
                Options +ExecCGI -MultiViews +SymLinksIfOwnerMatch
                Order allow,deny
                Allow from all
        </Directory>

</VirtualHost>