List:       ubuntu-users
Subject:    screen locking
From:       christofer.c.bell () gmail ! com (Christofer C !  Bell)
Date:       2006-06-23 10:04:06

On 6/22/06, starNIX <ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org> wrote:

> I have the same problem.  I need to reboot before it is able to be
> locked again.

A quick workaround is to run /usr/bin/gnome-screensaver from a
terminal.  It's what's receiving the signal to lock the screen.  If
you refer to ~/.xsession-errors you'll see it complaining about
"gnome-screensaver is not running!" or somesuch.

The only permanent fix I found (since I was tired of digging) was to
delete all the gnome configuration directories in $HOME from terminal
(without being logged into the desktop) and then logging in again and
not messing with the screensaver control panel.

--
Chris

"I trust the Democrats to take away my money, which I can afford.  I
trust the Republicans to take away my freedom, which I cannot."