List:       ubuntu-users
Subject:    fonts
From:       adconrad () ubuntu ! com (Adam Conrad)
Date:       2006-05-04 13:01:24

Me - Atlantic wrote:

> It seems that Ubuntu server (5.10) only installs 1 or 2 fonts...
> I'm setting up some web sites, and it seems that no matter which fonts i
> select (in css or html), it never changes.

Uhm, fonts specified in CSS/HTML are matched and rendered on the CLIENT
machine (where your web browser runs), not on the server machine.  You
don't serve fonts, you tell the user what fonts you think he might want
to use to view your content.

But, assuming you understand that, and your message was just a bit
difficult for me to understand...

> Where can I get additional fonts for Ubuntu server ?

"apt-cache search font" will return a LOT of results
"apt-cache search truetype" might be slightly shorter, and more
appropriate if all you want is TrueType/OpenType fonts.

... Adam