List:       ubuntu-users
Subject:    Help!
From:       albi () scii ! nl (albi)
Date:       2006-02-05 23:40:15

On Sun, 05 Feb 2006 18:24:08 -0500
George Eeles <geeles at magma.ca> wrote:

> Thanks Albi for the quick response, unfortunately in my Ubuntu
> installation, off an official CD, Thunderbird is not listed as an
> accessible installation via Synaptic. I have updated and done
> everything that I can think of but my Synaptic listings do not let
> me install a number of things I would like to bring up!

i suggest you respond to the list too as *more* people can try to help
you *more* quickly :)

so, are you saying you're not using an internet-connection at the
moment (or during install) ?

as you can see here mozilla-thunderbird is available
http://packages.ubuntu.com/cgi-bin/search_packages.pl?keywords=thunderbird&searchon=names&subword=1&version=all&release=all

if you have installed from cdrom and not configured your
internet-settings at all you should add some repositories apart from
only your cdrom

see here :
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/AddingRepositoriesHowto

--