List:       ubuntu-users
Subject:    Installation problems
From:       aircooledmail-ubuntu () yahoo ! com (AirCooled)
Date:       2006-02-05 16:02:14

Hello,
  I'm a brand-new wannabe user of Linux. I'm a "wannabe" becuase I cannot get the OS \
to install. I've tried the default installation(I burned my CD image from a mirror), \
and it stops responding at the "configuring network usingDHCP", I've used the expert \
installation and just jump right past that, in the parttion portion it stops \
responding when it starts writing the file structure. I even left it on all night, \
and in the morning it was 0% complete. Can somebody help me? Or am I forever destined \
to be an indentured servant to Windows XP. If only I had known how glitchy, slow and \
"UN-user" friendly XP was, I would have continued with my 98SE.   Someone please help \
me! There seems to be no documentation regarding these problems, other than the \
"Ctrl+C", and it has no effect.
  Regards,

  AirCooled