List:       ubuntu-users
Subject:    Ubuntu Screen Res Issues
From:       ccyao () greenleecp ! com (Charles Yao)
Date:       2005-12-31 10:57:09

On 12/31/05, Mark Menzies <mark.menzies at lumison.net> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I have a laptop running ubuntu which runs great undocked, but when I
> dock the laptop, it doesn`t detect the new monitor nor the bigger screen
> res that its capable of.
>
> I have the laptop dual booting with XP, and XP detects the new monitor
> and changes the screen res depending on whether or not I am docked etc.
> I have to use windows for some of the apps that I need to access but I
> prefer to run linux as a normal desktop, so any assistance would be
> great here.
>
> The laptop is a dell lattitude 505.
>
> ta in advance.
>
> Mark
> --

> If you have received this email in error please notify the sender. Any
> offers or quotation of service are subject to formal specification.
> Errors and omissions excepted.  Please note that any views or opinions
> presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not
> necessarily represent those of Lumison, nplusone or lightershade ltd.
> Finally, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the
> presence of viruses.  Lumison, nplusone and lightershade ltd accepts no
> liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.
>
> --
> --
> Virus scanned by Lumison.
>
> --

Hi Mark,

I had the same problem before with my inspiron 700m. Is the laptop and the
monitor running the same resolution? I fixed mine with 855crt, but I had to
run the same resolution between laptop and external monitor. I dont know if
it will work with your laptop though since I dont know what videocard the
Latitude 505 is running.

Charles

--
"It is unwise to pay to much, but it is worse to pay too little; you
sometimes lose everything becuase the thing you bought was incapable of