List:       ubuntu-users
Subject:    Firewall
From:       ulist () gs1 ! ubuntuforums ! org ('Forum Post)
Date:       2005-11-03 1:56:41

Is shorewall a user-land daemon? One thing that firestarter is
especially good for is that as long as an interface is up, the firewall
is active, because everything happens in iptables.

Anyway, I don't have a particular recommendation other than I have
played with firestarter and found it very easy to use. (I'm behind a
hardware firewall so I don't usually run software firewalls on my LAN
boxen.)

--
wylfing