List:       ubuntu-users
Subject:    DVD repositories
From:       thomas.beckett () gmail ! com (Thomas Beckett)
Date:       2004-11-30 15:32:27

cheers michele! - thats what I was looking for. It also looks easy
enough to automate with a few scripts and a cron job.

Thanks.
Tom

Carrying on from this, once the repository is created and burnt to DVD
- the only way i can think of to update them is to copy it all back to
hard disk, update the package then rebuild the repository agian, blank
the DVD and write it all back again - not a problem from an automation
point of view but, but a bit time consuming and unnecessary imo - Is
there a way to implement a filesystem on the DVD+RW to allow full
random file read and writes so i can leave it all on the DVD, rsync
the updated files directly over the top, I would then recreate the
packages.gz and copy that to the DVD, replacing the previous one and
would have an up to date DVD repository with just the packages I use,
without thrashing my hard disk by copying the dvd to disk.

Anyone any pointers?

Ps. Sorry if i am asking questions that I really should be finding the
solutions to myslef, but Im at work at the moment so cant fiddle
arround with it. (Once i get it sorted - ill gladly write  a wiki
Howto :D )

Tom