List:       ubuntu-users
Subject:    Backing up directly to DVD
From:       lists () videonetwork ! org (Ben Edwards (lists))
Date:       2004-11-17 19:54:58

cool just downloaded it, and found a util called daramoza - whitch I am
running.  it seems to dreate a DVD image and then burn it to DVD
(hopefully).  i think it will then remove the image (.dar file actualy)
when it has written it to DVD - so I guess you need 2*DVD free space to
backup any size file system.  This will probably do for now - apparently
dar alows writing to straight DVD without using a intermediate file,
which is what i really want.

ben

--
Ben Edwards - Poole, UK, England
If you have a problem sending me email use this link