List:       ubuntu-users
Subject:    Reason for Postfix over Exim
From:       eim () mentors ! debian ! net (Ivo Marino)
Date:       2004-11-07 22:20:28

On Sun, 2004-11-07 at 12:39 -0800, Matvei Kliuchnikov wrote:

> What is the rationale behind selecting Postfix as the default Ubuntu
> MTA, when Debian itself uses Exim?
>
> I am not averse to either--just curious.

I was asking myself the same question, in the meantime I've successfully
replaced Postfix with Exim4 on my Ubuntu iBook system.

Everything works fine as expected, also along with guessnet for changing
the exim smarthost on the fly when connecting to a new WiFi network.

> M.E. Kliuchnikov

Regards,

 I.

--
   .''`.   Ivo Marino <eim at mentors.debian.net>
  : :' :   irc.FreeNode.net chan #debian-mentors
  `. ``    UIN 32463141 + JID eim at jabber.linux.it
    `-     Homepage http://mentors.debian.net/~eim/