I've installed on a 233Mhz Pentium w/MMX w/0k L2 Cache, 128Mb RAM, 2Mb S3Virge PCI graphics, and a Lucent (Agere) winmodem... It's usable with one application being used at a time (no switching back and forth between applications every 5 seconds). Oh, and Ubuntu is significantly faster than Fedora Core 2 on the same computer. --tim On Sun, 7 Nov 2004 22:22:45 +0800, Senectus . wrote: > I've just installed it on a 380XD ThinkPad (233mhz mmx 64mb ram) > laptop, its usable.. but barely.. > I'd like to know if there are things I can do to make the xfree > session a bit slicker.. even browsing the web in firefox is an almost > painful experience.. > > -- > " So let us then try to climb the mountain, not by stepping on what is > below us, but to pull us up at what is above us, for my part at the > stars; amen" > - M.C.Escher > > -- > > > ubuntu-users mailing list > ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com > http://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users >