List:       ubuntu-users
Subject:    localhost
From:       slzatz () gmail ! com (Steve Zatz)
Date:       2004-11-03 18:37:39

Using apache2 and mod_scgi and the python interface to scgi I found
that I couldn't bind the scgi server to 127.0.0.1 and get "Address
already in use ... could not bind to address 127.0.0.1"  I tried
restarting Apache and rebooting and that didn't help.  Everything
works fine when I choose another address.  Is there something that is
running by default on Ubuntu that prevents using localhost in this
situation.  Thanks for any help.