List:       ubuntu-users
Subject:    DHCP question
From:       tpatnoe () qwest ! net (Tory Patnoe)
Date:       2004-11-03 17:09:20

Matt Zimmerman wrote:

>On Tue, Nov 02, 2004 at 10:00:42AM -0700, Tory Patnoe wrote:
>

>>I have my machine configured to use dhcp.  I also have setup a pptp
>>connection which modifies /etc/resolv.conf to use lookups from the
>>remote connection.
>>
>>About every 15 min. The /etc/resolv.conf file is overwritten with the
>>"old" DNS entries. Where do I look to see if DHCP is overwriting this
>>and how would I turn it off?
>>

>If you want to override the DNS servers provided by DHCP, edit
>/etc/dhcp3/dhclient.conf.

I changed my network to a static IP and this problem stopped. I had to
reboot though? I'm going to test with DHCP and removing
'domain-name-servers' from the line in my dhclient.conf.

request subnet-mask, broadcast-address, time-offset, routers,
        domain-name, domain-name-servers, host-name,
        netbios-name-servers, netbios-scope;