List:       ubuntu-users
Subject:    [warty] lack of ethernet media autodetect (works in knoppix tho')
From:       seng () xs4all ! nl (=?ISO-8859-1?Q?G=FCray_Sen?=)
Date:       2004-10-31 17:53:45

This probably doesn't help you, but I had the same problem on my T20.
Did a complete reinstall and it worked (it couldnt get a DHCP lease
during install, but I could manually configure DHCP for eth0 after
booting into gnome).

Also, both e100 and proee100 are loaded... when I removed proee100 I
lost eth0.