List:       ubuntu-users
Subject:    gparted include in unbuntu
From:       paul.marwick () virgin ! net (paul marwick)
Date:       2004-10-31 18:55:18

In article <pan.2004.10.27.21.59.04.961064 at xs4all.nl>,
Donkey3000 <smurf_www at xs4all.nl> wrote:
> gparted is very sexy:
> http://gparted.sourceforge.net/screens/gparted_7_big.jpg

Sexy it may be. However, it has wrecked the partition table on my OS/2
boxes more than once. While I can repair the damage, I really don't
want to have to do so...

> I think it should be included in the ubuntu distro. There is no other
> graphical way in Ubuntu (AFAIK) to graphically manage your partitions.

What is provided now works just fine so far as I'm concerned. I'd much
rather have a working text-mode interface than something which is going
to damage my partitions, thank you very much!

paul.

paul.marwick at virgin.net
Marwick Computer Services - Chipping Norton, Oxfordshire, UK
OS/2, LAN and general Computer Consultants