List:       ubuntu-users
Subject:    Community response of new ubuntu artwork
From:       michael.brandtner () gmx ! de (Michael Brandtner)
Date:       2004-10-17 18:07:14

Am Sonntag, den 17.10.2004, 18:21 +0100 schrieb Colin Watson:
> On Sun, Oct 17, 2004 at 06:36:38PM +0200, Michael Brandtner wrote:
> > The "Benetton-Style" human-artwork *is* special. I've never seen a
> > comparable default-theme in any other distribution.
> > If there are some people offended, who cares?
>
> That statement doesn't seem to have a lot of, well, ubuntu.

You are never able to do it right for everyone.
I've explained a lot more in my mail.
Would Canonical care, if someone is offended by unveiled women?
And what are you doing with the liberal women who are offended by veiled
women?

You have exactly two choices, don't care or don't show humans, don't
talk about freedom (some people are offended, because they think you
mean a different version of freedom as e.g. in China), and leave
everything out what could be political.

Rename Ubuntu back to "NoNameYet" or another freaky name, put a big
penguin on the front and be one of the thousands of other distributions.

I think my attitude is more "ubuntu" ...

Michael