List:       ubuntu-users
Subject:    Problem with xserver-xfree86 >4.2.1-6
From:       milouny () gmx ! net (Eric Feliksik)
Date:       2004-10-16 12:10:37

Daniel wrote:
 > Can you please send the output of running 'ddcprobe' as root?

# ddcprobe
vbe: VESA 3.0 detected.
oem: S3 Graphics ProSavage DDR Family BIOS
vendor: S3 Garphics Incorporated.
product: VBE 3.0 Rev 0.0
memory: 31680kb
mode: 320x200x64k
mode: 320x200x16m
mode: 640x400x256
mode: 640x480x256
mode: 640x480x64k
mode: 640x480x16m
mode: 800x600x256
mode: 800x600x64k
mode: 800x600x16m
mode: 1024x768x256
mode: 1024x768x64k
mode: 1024x768x16m
mode: 1280x1024x256
mode: 1280x1024x64k
mode: 1280x1024x16m
mode: 1600x1200x256
mode: 1600x1200x64k
mode: 800x600x16
edidfail

Fabio wrote:
> Well can you send me the logs of the X server that causes the problem?
> the one in the previos message was with the working one.
> I need to be able to compare the good and the bad one.
>
> Fabio

I put the log file /var/log/XFree86.0.log at:
http://atlas.et.tudelft.nl/1200348/X11/

I hope this is useful.

Thanks,

Eric