List:       ubuntu-users
Subject:    A fun way to make coasters with ISO's
From:       listguido () web ! de (Guido Heumann)
Date:       2004-10-15 20:22:04

Barry George wrote:
> DT thanks for the lighting reply!
> Yip, loads and installs in VMware. No I haven't checked the MD5SUMS -
> how does one do that? I'm downloading Live-i386 right now and will see
> how that goes as a comparison.
>
> Oliver - I've tried a slow burn with the same results  :-(
>
> I'll keep plugging away.

Hi Barry,

sorry if this sounds too stupid, but did you actually set your BIOS to
boot from CD? :-)

I've also experienced compatibility problems with some bootable CDs in
the past. I was using some older pc systems (BIOS from about 2000), and
sometimes it was the ISOLINUX boot loader on cdroms that caused problems
IIRC. In some cases it helped to just repeat trying a few times (10+)
until it finally booted.

HTH,

Guido