List:       ubuntu-users
Subject:    Java
From:       rantman_2000 () yahoo ! com (James McCormick)
Date:       2004-10-06 22:25:04

Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 06, 2004 at 01:50:21PM -0500, James McCormick wrote:
>

>>First, if you're using the .deb package, I'd recommend you install the
>>package straight from Mozilla.  It works better.
>

> Pardon?  Would you mind being more specific?

Well, I've found that I have fewer conflicts within Firefox itself when
I use the Mozilla Foundation's installer than I do with using the .deb
package in the Ubuntu repositories.  Perhaps it's just a matter of a
public release over a CVS release.

I've crashed Firefox so badly that it won't even start anymore, giving
me a version error (version < 5, according to the error logs when I
start from the command line).  That's why I just installed the regular
package and made a symnlink to it in /usr/bin.