List:       ubuntu-motu
Subject:    Decreased speed on original toolchain compared to official packages
From:       CrashOveride <crashoveride953 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2022-03-11 1:34:38

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

I am maintaining cross-compiler GCC/binutils packages for MIPS on a
specific CPU (VR4300), and have noticed that the overall compilation
speed of the resulting compiler is significantly slower than the
official packages.

To be clear, currently I am not editing the source at all.

Are there specific compiler/configure flags used by the official
packages that increase compilation speed?

If need be I can share the flags I currently build with.

Thanks,

CrashOveride