List:       ubuntu-motu
Subject:    Adding and maintaining new package
From:       denzhdanov () gmail ! com (Denis Zhdanov)
Date:       2011-07-06 13:21:11

Hello,

I have a question on what is a right way to add and maintain (provide
updates) new package to Canonical repo. I've succeeded to found the
following document related to that -
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuDevelopment/NewPackages. However, it covers
only 'add new package' phase and doesn't clarify how the package should be
updated.

More details on what I would like to achieve - the main idea is to provide
convenient way to deliver free open source Community Edition of IntelliJ
IDEA java ide (http://www.jetbrains.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=983211)
to (k)ubuntu users. I.e. the company (JetBrains) is ready to assemble the
application to *.deb format on every new release and wants to push that
updated packages to the repo. It seems that firing new ticket every time the
package should be updated is a little too much, especially in case of the
'dev' branch. Ideally, we would like to be able to push new IDEA packages as
soon as they are constructed.

Please let me know how we can proceed that.

P.S. I found that there is a notion of  Canonical Partnership (
http://www.canonical.com/about-canonical/partnerships) but it doesn't
provide enough information to understand if that is what we need.

Denis

--
http://denis-zhdanov.blogspot.com