List:       ubuntu-motu
Subject:    Suggestion for reviewing guidelines
From:       stefan.potyra () informatik ! uni-erlangen ! de (Stefan Potyra)
Date:       2007-09-28 11:01:28

Hi Morten,

Am Freitag, 28. September 2007 12:26 schrieb Morten Kjeldgaard:
[..]

> When time is ripe, I will submit these packages to REVU, but I fear the
> first things reviewers will say is:
>
> 1. Remove the ~ppa* from the release,

Well, the package you want to get into Ubuntu should have a sane (ubuntu)
version number, but I guess you could just use a small script to adapt this
for your packages. However this applies wether your package needs to get
sponsored by someone or not.

> 2.  Delete all your changelog stuff,

This is debatable at least, and probably goes back to "don't use new changelog
entry *only* for new uploads to revu". However since the package was in fact
released via PPA, I'd consider it suboptimal to *not* preserve the old
changelog entries.

> 3. Remove "universe/" from Section:

Nonetheless, all these issues aren't severe blockers, and can additionally be
fixed w.o. much trouble, so if only these 3 points are reviewer comments you
should at least know that the package is in good shape ;).

Cheers,
	Stefan.