List:       ubuntu-motu
Subject:    FireHOL package greatly outdated with critical bugs
From:       dag.odenhall () gmail ! com (Dag Odenhall)
Date:       2007-09-20 15:02:59

Dear Masters Of The Universe:

I was having troubles accessing the Internet, a situation rather bewildering
considering nothing seemed actually wrong. As it turns out, the FireHOL
iptables configurator I use is rather outdated in Ubuntu 7.04, and it fails
to read even the default configuration properly. It ends up blocking all
traffic.

After a manual update, it is all working nicely and I am safely using the
Internet without any perplexing experiences. In all modesty I suggest you
update the firehol package.

Yours faithfully,

Mr D Odenhall