List:       ubuntu-motu
Subject:    Sponsoring needed for an Universe SRU
From:       loic.martin3 () gmail ! com (=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Lo=EFc_Martin?=)
Date:       2007-04-27 22:12:22

Hello,

I need a sponsor for a Universe SRU concerning xvidcore (libxvidcore4)
at https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xvidcore/+bug/84705

Rationale:

During Feisty's development, yasm Dependency in debian/control has been
forgotten (actually, [amd64] has been added next to it, thus dropping it
for other architectures).

On i386 arch, this result in all xvid encodes slowed by a 3 to 6 factor
(closer to 6) - to understand the problem better, a 1h30 video can take
25 hours instead of 5.

As in https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTU/SRU, this bug
 >represent(s) severe regressions from the previous release of Ubuntu

Thanks to the help of many in #ubuntu-motu, I've prepared a diff
(attached to the bug report). A few people have reviewed the diff, and
I've made sure to test the package builds, installs and fixes the bug.

Now I only need somebody to sponsor the upload :)

Thanks and thanks for the help in #ubuntu-motu

Lo?c

P.S. : If you want to test it but don't know much about encoding, you
can use a GUI like avidemux, open a video and choose XVid4 instead of
Copy. No need to encode the whole video (I've encoded a 1h30 one to
check it's stable), you can just check the FPS increase and abort.