List:       ubuntu-devel-discuss
Subject:    Re: Proposal: Let's drop i386
From:       Oliver Grawert <ogra () ubuntu ! com>
Date:       2018-05-29 11:41:59

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

hi,
Am Dienstag, den 29.05.2018, 12:31 +0100 schrieb Dimitri John Ledkov:

> > with the i386 archive gone we'd need a new solution here ...
> Which is to install libc6-i386:amd64 package no? Is this an all snap
> system? Do you have any other :i386 packages installed? Imho, it may
> make sense to switch to using libc6-i386:amd64 in core / on all-snap
> systems.

this is on all amd64 core snap installations, no matter if it is all-
snap (Ubuntu Core) or classic. technically it allows you to run any
i386 binaries on top of the amd64 core snap.

i was actually under the impression the libc6-i386 package was supposed
to be removed with the proper implementation of multiarch ...
if it will persist, this will indeed be an option (and a lot less
hackish to install than what the current live-build hook does [1])

ciao
	oli

[1]  https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/Cvq8r62yyZ/