List:       ubuntu-devel-discuss
Subject:    Re: Packer.io for Ubuntu?
From:       Andrew Starr-Bochicchio <asb () debian ! org>
Date:       2015-11-13 15:56:25

On Fri, Oct 30, 2015 at 1:35 PM, Martinx - ジェームズ
<thiagocmartinsc@gmail.com> wrote:
> So, I'm curious to start packaging more Go projects for Ubuntu, just for fun...
>
> What about packaging Packer.io for Ubuntu?
>
> Any directions?!

Hi Thiago!

The best way to get new software written in Go into Ubuntu is through
the pkg-go team in Debian.

You can find it's mailing list here:

And instructions on packaging Go project here:
https://pkg-go.alioth.debian.org/packaging.html

Packer is a great tool, and I've been using it myself. There are
already some folks working on getting it into Debian (which would lead
to it entering Ubuntu as well). You can follow those efforts here:

Thanks!

-- Andrew Starr-Bochicchio

   Ubuntu Developer <https://launchpad.net/~andrewsomething>
   Debian Developer <http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=asb>