List:       ubuntu-devel-discuss
Subject:    video card (intel) problems in jaunty
From:       chrisjones () comcen ! com ! au (Chris Jones)
Date:       2009-02-19 22:55:01

>> Is it a problem of the drivers or of the server?

>>What is the ubuntu policy about this? I see that there are many bugs
about uxa on launchpad. Is it possible to do a forward port of the old
drivers (if they are the problem?). Otherwise, as usual I would prefer
clear statement: is it just a known problem in ubuntu, and there is
nobody who can do anything about that? That is: is this a know
regression which must be left in the stable release?

Thanks

Vincenzo

I'm aware of the issue with Intel 865 chipsets, which is what I'm
currently running.
I attempted to test Jaunty A3 and 4 the other day and found out that
currently, i865 chipsets are not working.

Yet I can't understand why because I've never had any issues with
previous versions of Ubuntu. It's obviously something to do with the new
x.org.
Hopefully, it gets sorted before it goes gold. Otherwise, we'll be stuck
with Intrepid for the time being.

Regards

--
Chris Jones <chrisjones at comcen.com.au>