List:       ubuntu-devel-discuss
Subject:    knowledge management in OSS communities
From:       zilia.iskoujina () googlemail ! com (Zilia Iskoujina)
Date:       2007-07-23 8:44:32

 Dear Ubuntu Member,

I am a PhD student in e-Business in Durham University, Durham Business
School (UK). My research topic is "Knowledge management and innovation in
virtual organisations". The aim of my thesis is to assess how and to what
extent knowledge is created, shared, and circulated in open source software
(OSS) communities.

In my empirical studies I am collecting primary data from members/
developers of OSS communities. Because you are the one who can give me a
correct picture of how you experience your contribution to OSS activities, I
would be very grateful if you could spend no more than 15 minutes to answer
my questionnaire (URL:
http://www.dur.ac.uk/zilia.iskoujina/qq.htm</exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.dur.ac.uk/zilia.iskoujina/qq.htm>).
 There will be some prizes - after finishing the data collection, I will
randomly select some respondents and send them gift vouchers for GBP 20 from
Amazon.

Thank you very much for your time and cooperation. I greatly appreciate your
help in contributing to this research endeavour.

Zilia Iskoujina
PhD Student in e-Business

Durham University
Durham Business School