List:       ubuntu-devel-discuss
Subject:    Configuring for use of gpg-agent by default for Gutsy
From:       nixternal () ubuntu ! com (Richard A !  Johnson)
Date:       2007-07-02 20:16:29

On Sunday 01 July 2007, Scott Kitterman wrote:
[snip]
> If the string is set and gnupg-agent is not installed, pgp
> signing/encryption still works.  All that happens is gnupg prints a warning
> that no running agent can be found, but it happily asks for a passphrase
> using the normal CLI interface.

I can verify there is no issue having the agent set in gpg.conf and not having
the agent installed. I copy my ~/.gnupg from computer to computer and have
never installed the agent on those other machines. I have been doing it like
this on my dev boxes now for over a year. The reason I didn't install the
agent in the past is because it conflicted with debuild/debsign, and after
talking to Scott in #ubuntu-motu just now, I tested this on my Gutsy box and
it is the first time in over a year that debsign -S -sa didn't complain about
my GPG key or password. It worked, which made me happy, no more typing
the -k2e2c0124.

--
Richard A. Johnson
nixternal at ubuntu.com