List:       ubuntu-devel
Subject:    +1 maintenance report
From:       Mateus Rodrigues de Morais <mateus.morais () canonical ! com>
Date:       2023-09-30 1:47:57

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi!

I was on +1 maintenance (for the first time) from the 25th to the 29th of
September, 2023. Here's my report:

### nix
Currently FTBFS, seems to be related to libssh2-1-dev, which links fine on
Debian sid with -lssh but does not on Ubuntu. I was unsure about how to
proceed with this one, so I created an update-excuse bug to track this
issue (https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nix/+bug/2037314).

### python-libnacl
Introduces a regression to python-duniterpy/1.1.0-3. Python-duniterpy
version 1.1.1 fixes the issue, so I filed a bug on Debian mentioning the
regression and asking the maintainer for a new upload (
https://bugs.Debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1052656). In the
meantime, I've uploaded a temporary delta to fix the issue on the Ubuntu
side (
https://code.launchpad.net/~mateus-morais/ubuntu/+source/python-duniterpy/+git/python-duniterpy/+merge/452378
 ).

### klepto
Required dill (>= 3.7) to migrate, current dill version in mantic was
3.6-1, so I requested a sync to current Debian version 3.7-1 in order to
unblock migration (
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/dill/+bug/2037413).

### mystic
Required dill (>= 3.7) and klepto to migrate. Once klepto migrated, after
dill sync, mystic also migrated.

### debmutate
Contained a failing autopkgtest because the hard-coded version string in
debmutate/__init__.py says 0.66 instead of 0.67 (current version). Version
0.68 in Debian fixes this issue, so I requested sync (
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/debmutate/+bug/2037445). However,
it turned out that version 0.68 introduced a dependency on python-pcre2,
which is a new package in Debian that didn't make the Debian import freeze
deadline, so the package is still blocked on migration until the new
package syncs.

### parsinsert
Fails to build from source due to optimization compiler flags. Issue has
been fixed in Debian with version 1.04-15. Requested sync (
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/parsinsert/+bug/2037470), but it
did not fix the issue in Ubuntu, so I added a patch disabling LTO and
appending -O1 on all architectures (
https://code.launchpad.net/~mateus-morais/ubuntu/+source/parsinsert/+git/parsinsert/+merge/452282).
 This fixed the issue and the package migrated.

### scikit-build
Fails to build from source due to two test failures:
test_source_distribution and test_wheel. The package maintainer disabled
these two tests in the autopkgtest testsuite because "they need a .git
configured for the project" (
https://salsa.debian.org/python-team/packages/scikit-build/-/commit/2c7e0f3f398e9757a7ec523f2ae9d57a0aff6c80).
 However, the tests were not disabled in the rules file, so they were still
running during build. I opened an MR in Salsa to fix the issue (
https://salsa.debian.org/python-team/packages/scikit-build/-/merge_requests/1
).

### ivar
Fails to build from source on all architectures except riscv64. Disabling
LTO seems to fix the issue for amd64 and arm64, but build still fails with
failing tests on armhf, ppc64el, and s390x. Created an update-excuse bug to
track the issue (https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ivar/+bug/2037769
).

Thank you,
Mateus.