List:       ubuntu-devel
Subject:    Re: Backup api.
From:       Stef Bon <stefbon () gmail ! com>
Date:       2015-12-17 8:59:02

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi,

I;m not working with snapshots of whole filessytems. My construction works
with a backups and snapshots by creating
a subvoume for the directory you want to backup (or better parts of it's
contents). This subvolume is the dedicated backup for this
directory, and is kept in sync by fuse-backup (and the changes are logged
in sqlite). With btrfs it's possible to create snapshots of this subvolume.
If this is also possible with zfs, well I can add support for that.

Note that my construction is all about backing up userdirectories, not
systemdirectories.

Stef