List:       ubuntu-devel
Subject:    Deferred sponsor items (was: Patch pilot report 2012-10-15)
From:       bdrung () ubuntu ! com (Benjamin Drung)
Date:       2012-10-16 12:25:58

Am Dienstag, den 16.10.2012, 10:59 +0200 schrieb Daniel Holbach:
> > but.... a generic approach might be:
> >
> > "~ubuntu-next-series-sponsors" which is subscribed to bugs & asked to
> > review branch proposals, with a mass
> > s/ubuntu-next-series-sponsors/ubuntu-sponsors/ are archive opening.
>
> As I said above, I think I'd prefer to unsubscribe and use a tag, but
> maybe there are disadvantages I didn't think of.
>
> This is a very useful discussion and I hope it'll help us keep the queue
> more manageable.

I have a simpler idea:

 * Let the contributor know that the patch is not suitable for the
   current release period.
 * Milestone the bug to 'later-r' [1]

Then the sponsor-queue script needs to be modified: It needs to check
the bug for 'later-*' tags and only show the bug on the queue once the
release is open. It could addition add a separate table with deferred
bugs.

[1] The tag need to contain the release. Instead of a tag, a milestone
could be used.

--
Benjamin Drung
Debian & Ubuntu Developer