List:       ubuntu-devel
Subject:    Reducing rsyslog redundancy [was: brainstorming for UDS-N - Performance - disk footprint]
From:       martin.pitt () ubuntu ! com (Martin Pitt)
Date:       2011-01-25 7:59:41

Hello Steve,

Steve Langasek [2011-01-12 17:02 -0600]:
> It's precisely the upgrade case that I'm concerned about.

Ah, perhaps I should have pointed this out more clearly.
/etc/rsyslog.d/50-default.conf is not a conffile, i. e. it won't
change for upgrades. This change only affects new installations.

I think that's actually a good thing here, as it would indeed be
confusing to suddenly change the logging configuration after an
upgrade.

Martin