List:       ubuntu-devel
Subject:    Lintian reports P: no-upstream-changelog even though its intended in Ubuntu
From:       pkern () ubuntu ! com (Philipp Kern)
Date:       2011-01-16 17:19:16

Bilal,

am Sun, Jan 16, 2011 at 07:09:55PM +0300 hast du folgendes geschrieben:
> On 01/16/2011 06:52 PM, Martin Pitt wrote:
> > Pedantic mode is not on by default, though, is it? If it's an issue,
> --pedantic isn't enabled by default in lintian, but most people have it
> set to DEBUILD_LINTIAN_OPTS and its a recommended practice to pass it
> whenever lintian is called.

seems to me that those recommendations should be changed then.  The
description of the option should serve as enough of a discouragement to
obey it all the time:

--pedantic
       Display pedantic ("P:") tags as well.  They are normally
       suppressed.

       Pedantic tags are Lintian at its most pickiest and include
       checks for particular Debian packaging styles and checks that
       many people disagree with.  Expect false positives and Lintian
       tags that you don't consider useful if you use this option.
       Adding overrides for pedantic tags is probably not worth the
       effort.

Kind regards
Philipp Kern