List:       ubuntu-devel
Subject:    xorg.conf file validator
From:       bryce () canonical ! com (Bryce Harrington)
Date:       2008-08-26 1:52:47

Hi Brian,

Thanks again for identifying all of the xorg.conf's from launchpad for
testing X-Kit against.  This has helped make X-Kit more robust.

We realized that this validator might be useful to you too for automated
QA purposes.  Alberto has written a short script using python-xkit that
checks if a given xorg.conf file is valid.

If you have scripts which review incoming bugs, you could use this
script on any that have xorg.conf files attached.

As you can see from Alberto's testing, nearly 1 in 10 xorg.conf's people
submit are broken in some way, so running this validator on them could
help flag them quickly.

Bryce

----- End forwarded message -----