List:       ubuntu-devel
Subject:    Fedora Core 9 will ship Perl 5.10
From:       andy () hexten ! net (Andy Armstrong)
Date:       2008-03-11 14:36:28

A few of us on the Perl 5 Porters list recently worked to address
issues that Fedora were having getting the modules they like to bundle
working with Perl 5.10. As a result of that effort 5.10 will ship with
FC:

  http://use.perl.org/article.pl?sid=08/03/11/0833217

Ironically, none of the people who helped them are Fedora users :)

As Nick notes in the comments to that story we don't get much contact
from the distro developers. So here's an open invitation: if you hit a
problem with Perl please stop by P5P[1] and see if we can help.

[1] http://lists.cpan.org/showlist.cgi?name=perl5-porters

--
Andy Armstrong, Hexten