List:       ubuntu-devel
Subject:    motu vs. ubuntu-dev in Launchpad (Re: Communication channels)
From:       daniel.holbach () ubuntu ! com (Daniel Holbach)
Date:       2007-02-23 8:33:40

Hello,

On Do, 2007-02-22 at 13:07 -0800, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> I think that team predated the use of Launchpad for access control in the
> archive, and because it was not appropriately restricted, we created a new
> team instead when it was needed.  For example, almost every member of the
> motu team is also an administrator, and can thus add new members.  This
> isn't workable for a team used to grant upload privileges.

The only valid use the team has nowadays is to route bugs to
universe-bugs at lists.ubuntu.com - although this never has been complete,
but only where MOTU was subscribed to the bugs.

I'm happy to close the team down and open a 'universe-bugs' team and
discuss a more general approach to route Universe/Multiverse bugs
towards that team/mailing-list in a MOTU Council meeting too.

Have a nice day,
 Daniel