List:       twsocket
Subject:    Re: [twsocket] Re: Decoding mail attachment?
From:       Werner Lehmann <wl () bwl ! uni-kiel ! de>
Date:       2000-04-30 20:57:17

Roger Morton wrote:

> It isn't a 'part' in the MIME sense of the word - it's the start of a piece of \
> inline UUEncoded data.  You'll find a set of InLine events that will be triggered \
> at the start, at the end, and on each line of the UUEncoded section. If I remember \
> correctly they're called something like
> OnInLineDecodeBegin
> OnInLineDecodeEnd
> OnInLineLine
>
> So you could, for example, create a TMemoryStream in the Begin event, write each \
> line of data out to it in the Line event, and then close it / save it to disk or \
> whatever in the End event.

Roger,

your answer was fast... but I had already found a crappy UUDecode component
and put some work into it to taylor it to my needs. But since it is really
kind of crappy I'd prefer to use "plain" :) ICS components.

Your suggestion is very appreciated. And while the OnInLineDecode* events
work ok, it appears, that the Line parameter of OnInLineLine refers to the
still uuencoded line, if I don't miss anything here.

I am currently looking for a way to modify the TMimeDecode code so that this
line gets decoded before the InlineLine event is fired. Don't hesitate to
save me from this work :) (if there is a common way).

Regards,
WL
-_-_-
 Visit our website at http://www.rtfm.be/fpiette/indexuk.htm -
 If you ever want to remove yourself from this mailing list, -
 you can send mail to <Majordomo@rtfm.be> with the following -
 command in the body of your email message:                  -
    unsubscribe twsocket                                     -
-_-_-