List:       twsocket
Subject:    Re: [twsocket] Porting to ICS TFtpCLient
From:       Davie <smatters () smatters ! com>
Date:       2000-04-30 19:32:50

Depends on how you like to program. As far as the actual question of allowing
the GUI to respond, I believe they BOTH DO!!! SO pick whichever. I will say
this, during the process of getting the listing, there will be a time delay and
the bigger the listing the bigger the delay before the request is done, SO KEEP
THIS IN MIND!!!!! TURN OFF any buttons or filemenu stuff or OnClose events that
you dont want the user to click on while the command is not finished :) A lot of
people don't think of that.

Davie

Raptor G wrote:

> Thanks a lot. Now a few more questions:
>
> 1) I want the main form to respond to GUI while getting directory listing;
> which one I should choose sync or async?

-_-_-
 Visit our website at http://www.rtfm.be/fpiette/indexuk.htm -
 If you ever want to remove yourself from this mailing list, -
 you can send mail to <Majordomo@rtfm.be> with the following -
 command in the body of your email message:                  -
    unsubscribe twsocket                                     -
-_-_-