List:       twsocket
Subject:    Re: [twsocket] Minor omission fixed for improved Web-server operation
From:       RTT <pdfe () sapo ! pt>
Date:       2012-11-11 16:49:33

>> What's the scenario where I need to change the mime type after I
>> have searched for it already?
> So the application can easily check what actual MIME type has been used,
> and dynamically change it if incorrect.

That's an unneeded double-check. If you are providing the MimeTypesList,
you will make sure in the first place, adding to it the MIMEs you need,
the MIME type for the document to be sent is the one you want to use.
I see the OnHttpMimeContentType event as a different method to add my
own implementation of the MIME assignation mechanism, that defaults to
the internal DocumentToContentType function if event and MimeTypesList
are not assigned.

>> The component has excess of these Triggerxxx methods.
> Because it's evolved over 15 years of development, different developers
> use it in different ways, and we try to keep it backward compatible to
> avoid breading existing applications.

But you are still adding these "empty" trigger functions to new added
functionality, so what's the point?
These overridable, by descendants, methods are only needed if the class
has code in that trigger method, so descendants can change the behavior
of it. Currently, most of these trigger functions only check if an event
is assigned, and call it if yes.
But I don't know the component internals as you, so I may be missing
something...