List:       twsocket
Subject:    Re: [twsocket] AQTime reporting leak	withDispatchMessage()
From:       "Albert Wiersch" <support () htmlvalidator ! com>
Date:       2011-03-14 16:18:33

> Albert, do you really need multithreadness with ICS? It's asynchronous so
> you just need one additional thread that will launch and control all
> sockets.

That's what I'm doing... just one additional thread for the HTTP requests. I
don't have a thread for every HTTP request.

> And regarding the leaks, consider using FastMM4 in full debug mode to get
> more info (i.e. type of variable that has been leaked). DispatchMessage
> calls all message handlers so it could be any of them that is to blame for
> leak.

I tried using FastMM4, but ran into an apparent problem/bug with C++Builder
2009 and dynamic arrays that makes it more difficult to use and I don't
think it was able to help with the issue.

Here is more information in case you are interested:
http://qc.embarcadero.com/wc/qcmain.aspx?d=67728

Looks like it was fixed in C++Builder 2010 and later... but I'm waiting for
64-bit support or a really good sale before upgrading. :)

Thanks,
Albert